Friday, June 20, 2014

Found

Today I found out that there is a documentary about Green Memorial and the history of African Americans in Maine.  I'm digging around trying to find out where to watch it, but I did find a clip.  Here is the link if you are interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78hhxGK1Eas

2 Comments:

At June 23, 2014 at 2:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sonya,

My last identified faith that I considered belonging too, was being Methodist. Yet, I was unaware of the history associated with the faith and I thank you for educating me and making me aware. Anyway, that was some years ago.

I appreciate the lengths you went to, to immerse yourself in to understanding the history of African Americans in Maine.
Thanks,
Dann Stankiewicz

 
At June 29, 2014 at 8:54 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sonya,
I loved reading about your experience at Green Memorial. I think you are not alone in the discomfort you felt immersing yourself in a culture foreign to what is familiar. It is amazing that you got to speak to the pastor himself, what a wonderful experience this must have been! Thank-you for sharing your experience! Cheers!
Kate

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home